PARENT SURVIVAL GUIDE
Why dance? Dance makes life better!
Dance teaches valuable skills that not only benefit students in their dance lives, but continue to serve students lifelong in every aspect of their lives. Every successful dancer requires such skills as focus, organization, discipline, versatility, logical decision making, how to be a part of a team and be a team leader.
So, we ask… Why not Dance?
Why Dance Connection?
A heartfelt thank you for choosing Dance Connection! Our commitment to our dancers and their families is to foster positive and rewarding relationships between our studio, the dancers and their families. It is our sincerest hope that your family feels welcomed into our dance family as we invite you to enjoy your child’s journey as they grow into a well-adjusted, focused individual that being a part of dance provides!
There will be great times ahead such as budding and often lifelong friendships, discovering passion and joy, along with times of hard work, determination and possibly frustration (or even times that make your parents want to scream), but we ask that you put your trust in your child’s teacher(s) and have faith in the Dance Connection process, as we assure you that all your child’s effort and hard work will most certainly make you swell with pride as your child shines on stage by year end!!
We are committed to
- providing a safe, positive dance environment
We are passionate about
- empowering our students to be confident
We care about
- fostering an environment where students are encouraging of one another
- supporting our students as they achieve their goals in dance and in life
- each and every student’s individuality and creativity
We stand for
- inclusion; we will strive to find the best fit for your child’s needs
We listen to
- all feedback and always welcome suggestions
- providing quality dance training that challenges our students to push themselves even further than they could have ever imagined
- honour your child’s passion for dance
- the unending support of our parents
We strive to
- have FUN!!
What’s in the Survival Guide?
- Our Studio
- Contact Info
- Communication with the Teacher
- Parent Portal
- Dance Stages and What Dancers Learn
- What We Offer
- Solo, Duet, Small Group Info
- Registration & Fees
- Withdrawals & Refunds
- Important Dates
- Class Observation
- Rhythm Kids (Preschool) Parent Info
- Class Requirements: Dress Code
- Dancewear Purchasing Options
- Student Discipline and Commitment
- Make-up Classes
- General Info
- Dance Festival Rules & Etiquette
- Year End Recital